Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Good Times

I had to stop at the grocery store on my way home to pick up a few things. For some reason (although I probably already know) I was frustrated as I pulled in to the parking lot. There were two spots that I saw and as I turned to head into one I saw that there was a shopping cart blocking the way. So, I maneuvered around it and managed to park next to it and not hit it with my door as I got out.

In my moment of total frustration I decided to push the cart out of the way (in theory I was making room so someone else could park next to me). I charged toward the cart, put my hands on the handle and ran directly into the cart bar with my shin.

Newton's law of motion - the one where an object in motion stays in motion unless acted upon by an outside source - you know that law is true? My body (my shin especially) stayed in motion until it was acted upon by an outside force of a broken shopping cart. I knew that was going to leave a mark.

I now have this beautiful, already colorful, fairly large bump on my shin. It's almost as if the side of one of those small bouncy balls is sticking out of my leg. It's pretty and will only get prettier as the colors change and time goes on.

Yup, that cleared up my frustration.

Shopping cart 1 Dawn 0

No comments: