Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I'm going to tell you a story.....

Once upon a time there appeared to be a leak coming in through the ceiling in my apartment. I called the front office and called the front office and one day someone showed up. The leak was "repaired" and the wall was painted and I was told all was well.

As I expected, the water stains reappeared. Seems paint doesn't cover everything. In addition, the rug in that corner of the apartment is damp and the book shelf in that area is warped from water. So, I wrote a formal letter requesting the issue be taking care of. I wasn't messing around.

A roofer was sent out to investigate. Red tape and politics translates into the roofer writes a proposal, the complex attempts to get approval, the work is completed (however long that takes) and then who knows what happens next. I am still awaiting approval.

Meanwhile, it rained for four days straight here. On Sunday it poured. I mean poured. And so did the water, into my apartment. I stood by the wall watching the water run down in streaks. Good times. There is now quite the pattern of water stains on that wall. Who needs a picture or print when you have lovely brownish splotches?

This story currently has no ending. Seems I am waiting and waiting and waiting.....

I can only hope there isn't mold growing on that wall or under the rug or under the bookshelf. I can only hope they actually fix the leak and repair the damage. I can only hope they replace the bookshelf. I can only hope they either dry or replace the carpet. I can only hope I am not displaced for the repairs but if I am, I can only hope they pay for my hotel. I can only hope.....

To be continued.....

No comments: