Monday, May 28, 2007

"We are not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." (CS Lewis)

As I was driving back to Philly today and sort of processing the past two weeks I happened to be listening to a Christian radio station out of the NY/NJ area. I don't remember the song that was on but it was talking about God (shocker that a Christian radio station would have a song about God) and believing in him. Something sort of hit me - it's not that I doubt my belief in God. I know that I believe in him. Sometimes I doubt that he believes in me. Lately I tend to put too much stock into my circumstances and allow them to be the lens through which I view everything, especially God. My circumstances lead me to believe that God can't possibly believe in me. What hit me is - what if he does. What if my current circumstances are a part of the process of God doing the best for me? What if this is just a time of pain? What if I'm in the valley of the shadow of death (or something that feels like it at times) and the quiet waters and green pasture are just up ahead?


"We are not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." (CS Lewis)

CS Lewis was one insightful guy.

No comments: