Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Operation Mini Vacation

I spent this past long weekend down in Virginia Beach visiting with some friends from college. It was so good to be with them. We have known each other for 16 years now, considering we met during freshman year. Actually Cindy and I met our first day arriving on campus since we were suitemates. I met Mandy shortly there after.


There is something to be said for spending time with people with whom you have a history. Although we have drifted in and out of each other’s lives over the years, I can’t help but think of them often. They each played an integral part in both my spiritual and life journeys. They come up in stories I tell about college life.

And now, after this weekend, they’ll come up again in stories I tell about crazy adventures I’ve been privileged to take. Who knows how many more they may be in in the future. After all, friends are friends forever……

No comments: