Monday, August 4, 2008

Timber!

So there I am in CVS, innocently looking at their beach chairs (that are 25% off this week, by the way). For some reason they are all stacked on top of the shelves. Maybe they had no where else to put them? I don't know. I pulled a couple off the shelf to make sure they opened and closed. I took them for a test drive, aka sat in them. I decided on the one I wanted.

Rather than leave the ones I pulled off the shelf on the floor (as some people are in the habit of doing) I decided I would put them back up on top of the shelf. I placed one back up. I folded the next and put that on top of it, which is how I found it. In my effort to make sure it wouldn't fall off the top shelf and knock someone in the head, apparently I pushed a tad too hard. On the shelf behind the one I was re-stacking there was a row of ugly Igloo coolers. My attempt to return the chair resulted in several Igloo coolers becoming one with the floor. With great flair from what I could hear. (Hey, if you're going to do it might as well do it well.)

So I did what anyone else would have done. I pretended like it wasn't me and went about my business. Oh come on; you would have done the same thing.

*Note: no people or ugly Igloo coolers were harmed in the telling of this tale.

No comments: