Friday, February 23, 2007

Thoughts on Joy

This week I was listening to a podcast by Joyce Meyer on joy. It's actually titled Enjoying Everyday Life or something like that. Anyway, she had some thoughts on joy that I found to be good reminders. I thought I'd share a few of them.

Jesus came that we might have life to the full (abundantly). It is God's will that we enjoy life.

The enemy has sold us the lie that we are not to enjoy life.

We ought to enjoy the journey of getting to where we're wanting to go. Joy is a choice. We can enjoy traffic if we choose to.

It's not our situation or circumstances but the joy of the Lord that is our strength.

For many of us we get up and just hope to survive the day. We don't remember that Jesus died for more than us just making it through.

The joy of the Lord is our strength. The enemy knows when he steals our joy he steals our strength.

Contentment is learned (Paul said I have learned to be content) and joy is a choice.

We should be joyous in trials because although the trial drains us joy strengthens us.

Joy is a weapon. Don't let the enemy steal your joy because you don't like your circumstances. Fight back with the fruit of joy. No matter what the circumstance we should say I believe this will turn out for good. After all Romans 8:28 says that God works all things together for good.

Boy did I need that this week. I want to choose joy.

No comments: