Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Fabulousness

I love the show Ugly Betty. A friend of mine gave me an Ugly Betty calendar for Christmas not only to commemorate our mutual love of the show but because of the students I work with on a daily basis. This month the character Marc is highlighted. There is the following exchange/quote listed on the page:


Betty says to Marc - You know what Marc, I learned something about family tonight....They're not always the ones who turn out to love you the most. Maybe it's more about the family you make for yourself. There's a lot of people who love you for who you are.


Marc responds - Okay, okay, getting a little too Lifetime Original Movie. But I get it. If she doesn't want me in her life, it's her loss. Because I'm freakin' fabulous.


This exchange speaks to me about many different things but the one I'll comment on is this, I am freakin' fabulous too.


I seem to have this mental/heart level/whatever it is kind of inability to remember that. I compare myself to others too often and naturally I fall short. God says I'm precious, loved, delightful etc but many days I doubt he was talking about me. The truth of the matter is I am who God says I am, no matter what anyone else thinks or says.

The truth of the matter is I am freakin' fabulous and there are a lot of people who love me for who I am. For that I am grateful.

No comments: