Monday, April 28, 2008

A New Mantra?

This past weekend my church had its annual Ladies Tea at a local hotel. The Ladies Tea is a chance for the woman to dress up, eat as much dessert as desired, listen to a speaker, fellowship, did I mention eat lots of dessert and drink…well…tea together. The men in our church were all gussied up in their jackets and ties and were the servers for the night. The guys valeted our cars, refilled our tea cups and served in other ways. It was truly a beautiful night and a great event.


Each table had a host who personally decorated the table in their choosing. There were some creative and fun theme tables as well as some elegant and beautiful ones. Each hostess had parting gifts for us and some people, not yours truly, won door prizes. Although I think I won anyway not only with my favors but also with my beautiful tablemates and hostess. I'm a lucky girl.


It was fun to be dressed up and look pretty. I kept singing, 'I feel pretty; oh so pretty.' Considering that is the only line in that song that I know, that is all I kept singing for a while. There are worse things I could have been singing, I suppose. But now, after typing this guess what is once again being knocked around between my ears. 'I feel pretty; oh so pretty…." A new mantra perhaps?

1 comment:

Katie Sue said...

I only know six more words to that song: "I feel pretty, oh so pretty, I feel pretty and witty and gay!" Also not bad things to be singing either. :-)