Saturday, May 17, 2008

I started a running program this morning. Hopefully it will be more than a phase. I have a goal though so maybe that will help. I want to be able to run 3 continuous miles without needing an oxygen tank. I put it out there so now I actually have to do it.

The first week is one of those run then walk combinations. I gotta tell ya, that 60 second walk was the shortest minute ever while the run portion seemed to last forever. I should sleep well tonight. I got home and checked the running schedule to see how long this breakdown lasts and I realized that I was supposed to walk for 90 seconds and not 60. Thank God I get to extend the walk portion just a bit longer. Those extra 30 seconds had better last.

Part way through the combination this morning I walked/ran by these 3 teenage boys. Modern day T-Birds is what I labeled them. The 3 were walking together and got to the point in their journey where departing was inevitable. They did their own combination near the corner. There was this hand slapping, shoe touching, shoulder crashing ritual that took place in front of me. See, modern day T-Birds. Minus the leather jacket. It is spring after all.

No comments: