Saturday, May 24, 2008

Internet Blues

My internet at home has been out all week. So today I am catching up on the posts that I wrote. It's been quite the week.

I called the internet provider earlier in the week. I talked to two different people who ran my computer through all of these diagnostic type tests. I get that many people are computer clueless. The one guy asked me to turn the modem off and turn it back on again. Really? Now why didn't I think to do that earlier? Seriously. Tried that already. Then it was to unplug it from the wall and wait exactly 2 minutes before plugging it back in. The magical 2 minutes passed and nothing. So glad I moved the queen bed complete the headboard attached by myself for nothing. Many failed diagnostic tests and a long time on the phone later, they scheduled a technician to come by.

The internet technician guy came to my apartment this morning. I told him the internet had been out since last Saturday. A light bulb went off in his head. In short, last Saturday he came to our complex to connect someone to their services. While connecting them in the main box, he 'accidentally' disconnected me. Good times.

At the technician's suggestion, I called the main number and requested a credit for the missed week of service. Would you believe she gave me a hard time about that? She wasn't going to budge. So, I asked that she call the technician and have him verify that he, in fact, did inadvertently disconnect me from my service. I don't even know where the box is. I certainly could not have done it myself.

So I now wait to hear if I will get the full credit or not. If not, my phone conversation may be taped and used at their next training for what to do when people who grew up in Jersey call and want a refund.

No comments: