Friday, March 16, 2007

March Madness

Beware the ides of March....

Yesterday here in Philly it was 70 degrees. Today here in Philly it's about 40+ degrees less than that AND there is a combination of ice, slush and snow falling from the skies. What a difference a day makes.

I left work early today; my whole office did. I am glad I got out when I did because the roads are horrible. It's so slick and so slippery out there. I decided I should clear off my whole car when I got home to my apartment (and not just my rear and front windows as I did before leaving the train station lot). I figured it's only going to get worse so lets get some off the car now. There is nothing like getting pelted in the face by blowing ice that is falling from the sky. Feels good. Talk about a smack in the face.

Then I came inside and did what my mom would have done for me as a kid after spending time outside in the cold and snow. I made a cup of hot chocolate. Yummo. I even had marshmallows in the freezer (makes them last longer) that I put in it. It's fun being a kid at any age.

The other type of March madness in my life now is basketball. Oh well, got off work early giving me more time to knit in front of the tv while watching basketball. Sounds good to me.

No comments: