Monday, March 5, 2007

A Timely Word

Proverbs 15:23 says "how good is a timely word." The writer was so very true about that one. As was the writer who wrote Proverbs 12:25 which says "an anxious heart weighs a man down but a kind word cheers him up."

Today I had an anxious heart. I even wrote a confession email about it to a friend. I had a conversation not too long after I wrote that email that was both timely and the kind word I needed.

On my way to the bathroom I ran into one of our facilities workers. She is in her 70's and is such a grandma type – she is as sweet as they come and a really hard worker. We chatted for a few minutes and she complimented my sweater that I said I got from my mom. In our conversation about moms and daughters she said the sweetest thing. She told me that I am a nice person, I have a good personality and she loves me. Ah, melt my heart. I told her how much joy she brings to my life each day that I get to see her and said that I love her too, which I do.

Considering all the negative talk I have been given while working in this job and the anxious state of my heart, her words did cheer me up. No my anxiety is not all gone, but I was definitely lifted up.

No comments: