Saturday, March 17, 2007

A moment with robin

In all we got about 4-6 inches of sleet in this storm. Well, do you know what happens to sleet when it's cold? Yeah, it freezes. Fun times. I looked outside my window this morning when I woke up and saw the funniest thing. Some guy couldn't get his door open - it froze shut. So, he took one of those garden shovels, you know the kind that you see in all those movies that people use to smack someone upside the head? He was using that to try to pry his car door open. Too funny. Of course his scrapper was inside his car (as it is for us all) and he couldn't get that unless he got in the car.

I'm glad that I did clear my car off as much as I did yesterday when I got home from work because it made today a lot easier. I went out while the sun was still out. Luckily the sun did a lot of the work for me. I brought my shovel out and tried to dig around my tires. That wasn't happening. All of a sudden I hear the beeping (or squeeking) of someone trying to unlock their car doors with a remote. I look around and no one is there. "That's obnoxious" I said outloud to no one in particular as I thought it was just some person trying to scare me when I realized it was the car parked next to mine. Suddenly, the car starts. Mind you, NO ONE is IN the car at this point. That got another comment with me with a twist - "that's really obnoxious" came out of my mouth, once again to no one in particular. I've only seen those remote starter things on tv or in advertisements. I can vouch that they work.

I'm getting ready to head back inside (you can only try for so long to remove ice from next to your tires that doesn't want to move) and I look up to see a robin standing on the snow looking straight at me. I couldn't help but smile because I know the bird and I were thinking the same thing. Didn't we just have spring this week? Where did it go?

I walked back inside and looked out my window to see if the phantom car owner had actually come out or not and I saw the robin standing in front of my front driver's side tire just looking around. It was almost like it was asking, where did she go? (you know we had a moment earlier). Again I smiled as I was reminded that Spring is indeed around the corner. The snow will melt, the flowers will bloom and the birds will sing.

I am so excited for Spring.

No comments: