Thursday, June 26, 2008

I went running a couple of times so far this week. I'm back in the saddle...er...groove again. For now at least.

While I was running one night this week after work I realized two things.

1. There is nothing like running in a new pair of sneakers. Apparently the elusive 'they' is right. New shoes do make a difference. They certainly don't help my need for oxygen but they certainly do put a spring in my step. Plus my feet stand out since the sneakers are so white.

2. I seriously do NOT like running after work. You'd think it would be a great idea. Sort of run that stress right out of my body. I've been sitting at a computer all day; running will be good. Not so much. I feel sluggish; I feel rundown; I just don't like it.

You know what this means right? I'm going to become one of them who buys a new pair of sneakers every 3 months. After all that's what 'they' recommend. And not only that but I may have to get up at 5 am and go for a run before I get ready for work. Ew! The sun isn't even up at that time. It's even smart enough to stay hidden for a little while longer.

We'll see though. First I need a habit. Then I'll go from there.

1 comment:

Katie Sue said...

I like 5 am. It feels like the only time that truly belongs to me. People say I'm crazy for this, but it is by far my favorite time of day!