Monday, July 28, 2008

Is This Normal?

I went for a run this past weekend. Since it was the weekend I went several hours later than 5am. I was not getting up that early on a weekend. It's a lot sunnier and warmer a few hours later than 5am. That makes the run a bit harder. Well, at least for me it did. I came away from that run with one thought going through my mind – I hate running.


I hated it this weekend. I got no joy out of it at all. I kept wondering why am I doing this. I kept thinking I get up at 5am for this.


Runners, is that normal? Are there days when you absolutely hate running?


I just hope I can put this in the 'this too shall pass' category.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't know if I can really be called a runner (more like a jogger 'cause I run really slow), but I would say I dislike more runs than I enjoy -- and, yet, it's all worth it for those runs when it all just clicks and all feels perfect with the world when my feet hit the trail...