Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Never Say Never

Not too long ago I said there was no way I would get up at 5am to go for a run. Nope, never gonna happen. Well, I should know by now to never say never.

The obnoxious beeping woke me at 5 am. After toying with the idea of throwing the alarm clock across the room I hit the off button and got up. I knew if I laid there I'd be right back to sleep quicker than you can say what the heck are you doing. I peeked through the mini blinds in my room and saw that it was dark. And wet. I came this close to climbing back in bed but I knew I'd never really fall back asleep at that point. I got ready, grumbling at times, grabbed my ipod, chugged some water and was out the door.

It's really humid here right now. The kind of humid that makes you wave your hands in front of your face thinking you can move some of the air in order to see more clearly. Good times.

Once I got into the run, though, it was okay. It was actually kind of serene since the typical sounds of the day were not yet there. It was also kind of peaceful watching the day arrive and the sun begin to rise.


Truth? Getting up at 5 am wasn't all that bad. Now I'm not saying I'm going to get up at 5 am every time I go for a run. But, never say never. I just might do it again.

No comments: