Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Local Gas War

There is an intersection near my apartment that has a gas station on three out of the four corners. No joke. One of those stations has recently re-opened after being closed for a short time. On my way to work I noticed that one gas station had regular gas for $4.17 a gallon. The newly re-opened station was selling it for $4.13 a gallon. I couldn't help but think that even though there was only a 4 cent difference the one selling cheaper gas would certainly gain more business. I'd have lower prices too, especially if I am competing for gas patrons on an already saturated corner.



On my way home from work the station with the $4.17 per gallon gas had lowered it's price to $4.13. I guess the competition proved too steep. Here's hoping the originally lower station will lower their prices again. I am not counting on it happening but I would defenitely be happy if they did.

No comments: